11 February 2020

Living Solo

It's been a year (and 8 days) since I started living on my own in my own rented flat. While I enjoyed living with my friend and my brother, I must say, living on my own is as equally enjoyable, if not more.

I am not pressured to clean the house every weekend. Though I still clean every weekend, at least, I know that if I feel like skipping it, it's no biggie. :)

I can walk naked -- from the bathroom to the bedroom, that is. Especially on a day when I put my bath towel in the laundry and I forgot to grab a new towel before hitting the shower. I don't think I can walk naked in any other area of my flat. In my previous one, I have windows everywhere and the ones beside the main door are the only windows with roller blinds na see-through pa rin once the lights are on. In my current apartment, there are big, sliding glass doors in my living and dining area and a big glass window in my bedroom. Both of them have roller blinds also, see-through din except the one in the bedroom. So yeah, I will not give my neighbours a free show, you know. HAHA!

I don't have to cook everyday kasi ako lang naman ang kakain. The meals that I cook on weekends will last for the whole week.

On that note, I also spend less on groceries.

I own all the space so I can place my things anywhere, without invading/occupying my housemate's space.

And since I own a bigger space now, I have more room for my clothes. I mean, for my projects. I have my own mini-office/studio.

I have peace and quiet as soon as I get home. Okay, it's not as if my friend and my brother were loud or I didn't enjoy their company but I have days when I just don't want to talk to anyone or I just want to be alone. When my brother moved in with us, he and I shared a bedroom and hindi rin naman malaki yung apartment namin before na may pwede akong taguan or gawing hideout. Haha!

SUPER LAPIT KO SA WORK! I have no issues with commuting but damn, iba pala yung convenience ng malapit sa work. I save so much time!

Once you live on your own, I don't think you would want to go back to living with someone -- on a housemate level, specifically. Of course, case to case basis yan, depends on where you are in your life. Yes, iba pa rin when you live with your family. Or you realised na mas gusto mo pala ng may kasama. Or, obviously, when you get married to the person you really want to share your home with. But in my case, I had to and I also felt like it was time na din to do so. Kind of similar to when I decided to move here to Australia 7 years ago (today! Grabe, parang kelan lang). And also, afford ko na din magbayad ng rent mag-isa eh. Haha!

And yes, 7 years ago today... I don't know if I'll stay here after I graduate from design school though. I'm aiming to work outside Australia, God willing. And then maybe move there? I don't know. I'm just blabbering these thoughts out there. Iniisip ko din kasi how will I be able to afford a house here later on. Real estate prices here are getting ridiculous every year so I'll have a better chance (and survival rate because di ako mababaon sa mortgage! Hahaha!) of buying a property elsewhere na mas cheaper. Of course, if there will be a good work opportunity here for me, as a budding designer, who am I to say no, right? Oh well, let's just wait and see...
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig