14 February 2020

An Overnight trip to Melbourne

According to those random Harry Potter online quizzes that I took, I belong to Gryffindor. But let's not deny the fact that my soul is a Slytherin. HAHAHA!


Storytime (from July 2019):
I bought my tickets for this 2-part Harry Potter and the Cursed Child musical about ten months before it was scheduled to start. If my friend did not send me a message asking, "When are you flying out to Melbourne?" days before the show, I would have completely forgotten about it! I was in the middle of my second term in uni at that time and there were major assessments due. I recently found out that I had to move again so I was also in the middle of looking for a place to move into. I was even in Melbourne a month ago with friends. My head and my pocket were basically stressed out. Haha! Initially, I decided to sell my tickets and just skip it. But no one wanted to buy my tickets, unfortunately! Since I didn't want the tickets to be put to waste, I booked a flight 2 days before the show instead. I didn't even bother booking a place to stay at because the tickets that I bought were first flights in and out.

A day before my flight and after work, I headed to a friend's place, which was conveniently near the airport, to stay the night so I didn't have to wake up too early. Lucky I did because dear, oh, dear I snoozed my alarm!!! Next thing I knew, it was 4:45 AM and my flight was at 6:00 AM! Man, I tell you, that was probably the quickest shower of my life! HAHAHA! A friend, from way back in high school who now lives in Melbourne and whom I haven't seen in 6 years, offered to pick me up at the airport. We had brunch. I met her husband and very charming baby boy for the first time. When she knew about my brilliant game plan (which was: brunch with her fam, see the show, dinner with another friend, go back to the theatre again and then head to the airport, bam!), she offered to let me stay at their place just so I can get at least a few hours of sleep before flying out. In between the shoes, I caught up with a friend from college and his partner over dinner.

So yes, it was a very looong and very tiring day but it was great (Hindi ko na uulitin though! HAHAHA!). A big thank you to all my friends who let me stay at their places and spared some of their time with me! Until next trip in Melbourne! :) And the show was superb (Okay, confession though: napapapikit na ako sa antok sa very early scenes of the show. I don't think it's the show itself, super pagod lang talaga ako, as in. Haha! Pero gising ako 95% of the show, I swear, so I know na maganda talaga siya.) To say that my 13-year old self was beyond elated is an understatement. :) If you're a Potterhead (even if you're not), go and see the show! You're welcome. :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig