07 April 2018

What's your story?

For another one of my assignments, I have to take photos of at least 10 objects that tell my story.

My Story
Yes, this does not look like 10 objects - more like 10 sets. I got a bit carried away. Haha!
So, what's my story?

As a little girl, and I remember this very clearly and I had a photo to prove it, instead of browsing my storybooks, I was browsing my aunts' copies of Vogue magazines. I guess, ever since I was young, I had always been in touch with art or the artsy side of myself. I love creating or refurbishing things. I love writing, hence, this blog. I used to write for the school paper back in high school. I love reading. I love taking photos not just to document memories but to document things I find interesting. While I am not very good at drawing, I love sketching. I love colouring and colours in general. I love lettering. I love dressing up.I also love travelling. I love learning about other people's culture. I love seeing new places. The world is big and beautiful. There is so much to see, to discover and to try. I'm a bit (okay, maybe not a bit...) sentimental, too. I love keeping trinkets and random memorabilia from my trips, from my friends or family or from a significant event.

I dreamed of becoming a designer and working in my own studio in New York. Unfortunately, it wasn't considered a "job" in the Philippines. My parents advised me to take a different course for university because they thought fashion is best studied overseas, where art is more appreciated, if that makes sense. And if I still want to study it later on, I should do it after I finish a more "practical degree." A typical story (of most Asian kids, I suppose?) that you've definitely heard of before.

I was leaning towards to taking up Medicine (I took their advise way overboard. Haha!) so I took a pre-med course. While I found science interesting (and tough!), my heart really belonged to something else. Aside from being underappreciated and overworked and lacking better opportunities, I decided to move to Australia to try my luck and to see if my heart will still sing the same song. After all, I worked really, really hard for my degree. I think I owe it to myself to at least try and exhaust all possible entry points and see where it will take me. Whether it will sing the same song or not, I know that I am in a better place to reset and restart my career and my entire life, basically.  Also, my parents wanted me to be a bit stable first before I jump into this risky business. And I did try. But, as Selena Gomez sang, the heart wants what it wants.

And here I am. Trying to jump into an entirely different world and to pursue my passion for creativity one step at a time while hoping and praying that I will make it out alive and victorious. :)

So far, that's my story in a gist.
How about you? What's your story?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig