13 November 2018

Here we go, let's do this!

You know that overwhelming feeling because you know that a big change, which is in your favour, is coming? You're scared. You're optimistic. You feel like crying. You're excited. You're stressed. But above of it all and regardless, that fire in your heart is burning more than ever. You're inspired and dedicated. You know that, by hook or by crook, you will go through it. You will make it happen.

What's this big change that I am talking about? It arrived yesterday in a form of an email -- my offer letter from Whitehouse Institute of Design! OMG. This is it. I. CAN'T. WAIT! Let's do this! AAAHHH!!!

Untitled


I promised myself that once I get the chance, I will not let go again and set this aside. And here we are, about to take another gamble for the future. My head's kind of in a mess right now, anticipating and thinking about the changes and adjustments I have to consider or do. But my heart is stronger than ever. 14 years too late though but hey, I am here now. I owe it to myself. My passion deserves a chance. I deserve a chance to do something I have always wanted. I have always done what my family asked or wanted me to do in terms of career or job choices because, aside from avoiding an argument I will never win, I wanted to make them proud and I did not want to disappoint them. Don't get me wrong, I love them dearly and I know it was for my own benefit. And no matter how frustrating it made me feel, I completely understood where they were coming from. And that's what even makes it more frustrating -- they have a point. They always have. Perhaps, that's why it took me this long to do it. At the end of the day, I still needed their approval. However, more than anyone right now, the person I really want to make proud and I no longer want to disappoint is myself. I held on for as long as I could and now that I have the opportunity to do so, this time, ako naman.

Untitled

So cheers to a new chapter. 
A restart. 
To chasing dreams, never giving up and making things happen.
(And to future empty bank account, sleepless nights and decline of my social calendar! Haha!)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig