28 December 2011

A Post-Christmas Affair X Mom's Christmas gift

Last Monday, my high school friends and I headed to Batangas for our Christmas get-together.



I met Vinci, Lee, Jolo and  RC in Tagaytay after lunch. We were supposed to meet at 1:00 PM but traffic was really bad that I arrived around 2:30 PM! OMG. We bought chips and drinks at Robinson's Tagaytay first before heading to Munting Buhangin Beach Camp, the resort we would be staying in for the night. It was an hour or so drive. Upon arriving, we checked-in and headed to the beach while waiting for Johnnel and Joanne to arrive.

The long drive was worth the wait. Nice beach, relaxing view. We all loved hearing the waves and just dipping our bodies in the water.








(Photos from the next morning)

Low-tide.












(More photos of the beach camp)



The accommodation was okay, too. We rented a Family Room that is good for 8-10 people. It has 4 sets of double deck, TV, DVD player, refrigerator, living room set, terrace area and the room is airconditioned, too. It has its own bathroom with functional shower and flush and clean water. Outside the room is a grilling area and washing area so you can bring and cook food there. The houses are placed apart but the rooms per houses are placed side-by-side and above each other. Though you wouldn't bother so much the people from other houses from playing games or music, the people located above or beside you might be. My friends and I were just lucky that no one was occupying the room beside us and the group staying above us were playing games and making some noise, too. Hehe. Of course, making too much noise is rude and impolite so we toned it down a bit around midnight. The beach camp has different types of rooms so just check out the site to see what suits you and your family or friends and what other facilities they offer.

The room we stayed in

This treehouse is for rent, too, and you can stay overnight.

Around dinner time, we went back to our room and ate chips for the meantime since Johnnel and Joanne had not arrived yet! Some of us took a bath first while waiting and while I was in the middle of bathing, the two arrived! With food! Yay!


We played games after dinner. We played Pinoy Henyo first then Charades. We played Charades most of the night. Then Jolo brought out his UNO Madness game then after a few rounds, Lee brought out her Monopoly cards. We had so much fun playing! 

My team


I think we made more noise compared to the group who were staying above our room. Haha! Charades + Pinoy Henyo + UNO Madness+ Monopoly cards = spontaneous and continuous cursing that we were able to invent words with curses. Hahaha! (So kids, don't play all of them together and consecutively or else... Hahahahaha!) We're the two groups who were playing something that night. In the middle of observing them play Monopoly, Joanne and I headed to bed first. We slept around 4:00-4:30 in the morning, the rest followed by 5:00 AM.

After getting four hours of sleep, more or less, we woke up to hang out by the beach. Johnnel and Vinci rented a kayak. I wanted to try kayaking but I don't like staying under the sun for too long. Jolo, RC and I just sat by the beach, under the tree and watched them. Johnnel and Vinci swam afer 30 minutes of kayaking, Lee and Joanne followed.








Around 11:00 AM, we headed back to our room and prepared for check-out. While waiting for their turn to take a bath, Johnnel, Lee, RC and Jolo played UNO Madness and Monopoly again and interchanged players with those who are done preparing.

We had lunch at Mahogany Market in Tagaytay. We were starving so bad that Vinci coined the term "brunchenda" since we didn't have breakfast and lunch and it was already 3:00 PM when we had our lunch, supposedly merienda time already. While waiting for our food, Lee, Jolo, RC and Vinci played Monopoly again. Yes, addicted much! Hahaha!



Lee dropped us at Summit Ridge in Tagaytay; Johnnel dropped Joanne there, too, before they head home respectively. Vinci and Jolo went home first while Joanne, RC and I went to buy tarts before heading home.

We were all exhausted and I know we all plunged into bed to sleep upon arriving home (But I watched our videos first before hitting the sack. :D).

It was such a good and definitely-not-quiet night with my high school friends. I missed them so bad! :) Till next affair, guys! :)

*****

This afternoon, my Mom and I went to several jewelry stores to find a ring that looks exactly like the one she gave me on my 11th birthday. I lost that ring (read full story here) last year and I asked her to give me another ring that looks like that as a gift. The problem is, she had it specially made for me years ago using the remaining pair of the earrings that was snatched from her. If only special made-to-order rings are not quite expensive (yes, even the simplest one with only one stone! They're already quite expensive in the past years, how much more now?), she would have made the exact same ring again for me. Fortunately, we found something that looks almost the same to my old ring! It's nothing very big and sparkly but I love it! :) It's the sentimental value and the feel of that lost ring that counts for me. :) Besides, I don't want a ring that looks like an engagement or wedding ring to be given to me by my Mom. :)


And she bought under ring for me, too! :) Yay, thanks Mom! :)

SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig