15 April 2010

A Eulogy to my Ring. :(

On the morning of 20 March 2010, my favourite and very constant accessory was flushed accidentally in the toilet. Yes, in the toilet bowl. As in IN.THE.TOILET.BOWL.

How?

I don’t usually remove my ring when I take a bath or even when I do chores. I only remove it during two occasions: when on duty (because it’s not allowed) and when I poop (of course! Haha.).
I pooped that morning (I did not just say that here!) while taking a bath so I removed it. While I was about to finish taking a bath, something fell. Since I have defective eyes, I didn’t actually have a clear picture of what it was. I squinted and tried to locate it on the bathroom floor. Unfortunately, I didn’t see anything. I looked inside the pail and I didn’t notice anything so I thought maybe it was just the soap that fell. The shitty thing was, IT DIDN’T OCCUR TO ME THAT IT WAS MY RING THAT FELL until I was about to leave the house! My mom used the bathroom after I did so when I went back for my ring, IT WASN’T THERE!!! Oh gosh, my heart pounded so fast! I knew in my heart my ring was flushed in the toilet (because the flush in the bathroom was defective, we had to pour water in the toilet bowl for flushing). I was super frustrated with myself! If only I checked the pail more thoroughly as I did in the bathroom floor. I was also in a hurry because I was about to meet my friends so my Mom didn’t had the chance to lecture me.

Nothing really grand but has tons of sentimental value... :(

My mom got a little bit mad at me for my negligence. She gave me that ring as her birthday gift for my 11th birthday! That simple gold ring with a purple gem was made out of my Mom’s earring (the other pair of that earring was snatched anyway). Me and that ring had been together for 11 YEARSSS, 6 months and 12 days!!! We shared so many memories together. :( There were days when I thought I lost it but it was just somewhere in my bag whenever I remove it on duty or somewhere in my bed whenever I remove it unconsciously while I’m sleeping (yes, it happens! Weird.). I never thought it would be lost through the toilet bowl! I intend to pass it on to my daughter supposedly but now it’s gone! My hands feels and looks empty. :(

But now, I can say I had moved on with the lost of my ring. But there were days that I miss it. :( Whenever I look my hands or wash my hands, it reminds me of my stupid negligence. I asked my mom to have another ring with the same look made for my 22nd birthday. Or to just give me another ring that is a little similar to my ring. She said she’ll think about it because I might lose it again. Haha.
So that’s the story of how annoying my carelessness is.
Lesson of the story? Don’t remove your jewelry when you’re about to poop. HAHAHA!
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig