25 August 2010

Yaya Nurse.

“Ang NURSE ay hindi YAYA.”

There is a big difference, please.

And that means no offense to the yayas out there. I love yayas! :) I just can’t fathom the crappy association of a nurse to a yaya. It’s a big insult for our part when we studied and worked hard for it for four years. Last time I checked, you need to have a degree in order to be a professional nurse. Just because we help people alleviate their condition and we work in service of those sick people out there means anyone can call as yaya and treat us less professionally. Even yayas don’t need to be treated less! Pero diba?

Respeto lang naman. Propesyonalan naman.

We are not even yayas to the doctors, please! Get over that notion and move your ass to the hospital and see it for yourself!

You all get what I mean. If you’re not dumb and shallow, that is. :)

Hindi naman nakakahiyang maihalintulad sa yaya pero ang nakakainis lang ay may mga taong ganun mag-isip.

Oh well, what can we do? If we can’t change how they think, we can always prove and say that fact straight to their faces EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I vow from this day on that I will not allow anyone, a doctor, a patient’s relative or even a patient itself, to treat me like a yaya na kung makapag-utos e akala mo siya nagpapakain sa akin. I did not study and become a professional to be treated that way.

So to all nurses out there, please, preserve the name we worked hard for and protect our profession.

Thank you.

>>> This is not due to a recent incident that happened to me. This is just my mere realization over recent events that happened in the world of nursing that were either told to me by my colleagues or from an observation.
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig