24 August 2010

At the corkboard.

ATTITUDE

Attitude is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstance, than failures, than success, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a business… a home… a friendship… or an organization. The remarkable thing is that everyday you have a choice of what your attitude will be. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the actions of other. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can change is our attitude. Life is 10% of what happens to us and 90% of how we react to it.

As I wait for that person my mom asked me to meet in City Hall and watch Ms. Universe 2010 (Congratulations to Ms. Venus Raj for winning 4th runner up! :) I know you could have won if you only justified your answer better but what the heck, you still rock!), I saw this posted at their Announcement cork board.

And I was also about to meet Isko Moreno in person but due to the horrifying and gruesome hostage incident yesterday, he was too busy to meet me.

Speaking of the horrifying and gruesome hostage incident, I feel terribly sad for the people who were unfortunately on tour and was unfortunately on the tour bus when that 'lunatic' did that hostage drama. My heart goes out to those who were traumatized and to those who lost their loved ones because of a selfish drama that lead to manic act. Three things:

- I don’t like to point fingers but the way I see it, the police are to blame for that lame rescue strategy. It’s all front act bullshit because the truth of the matter is, they are incapable and inadequate when it comes to hostage drama.

- I don’t think the media is to blame, contrary to what others are saying, because that’s their job – to bring news to the people as real and raw as it is. Unfortunately there was a TV in that bus and he turned it on so he saw the commotion happening outside. The media also happened to show to the whole world how the police 'overkilled' the situation by arresting the hostage-taker's brother. Uhh, why did they take him down first instead of the real person involved??

- Two emotions: I’m sorry Lord for saying this but thank God that hostage-taker was taken down and died. He deserved that for taking other people’s innocent lives. But a part of me wanted him alive so he can personally feel the wrath of the families left behind by the people he murdered and he can pay for what he did. I wanted to understand why he did what he did but I just can’t. What he did was just out of impulse, out of desperation but totally irrational.

With what happened, we just placed our country on an upper notch on the shameful list. Wow, right?
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig