12 February 2010

Up in the Air. Alexander McQueen.

"How much does your life weigh? Imagine for a second that you're carrying a backpack. I want you to feel the straps on your shoulders... Can you feel them? I want you to pack it with all the stuff that you have in your life and start with the little things; in the shelves, in the drawers, the knick-knacks, the collectibles. Feel the weight as that adds up. Then start adding larger stuff: the clothes, the table top appliances, lamps, linens, your TV. It might actually get pretty heavy by now. Go bigger, the couch, the bed, the kitchen table. Stuff it all. Your car, get it in there. Your home, whether it's a studio or apartment or a 2-bedroom house. I want you to stuff it all in that backpack. Now try to walk... It's kinda hard, isn't it? This is what we do to ourselves on a daily basis. We weigh ourselves down until we can't move and make no mistake in luminous/rigorous (?) living. Now, I'm gonna set that backpack on fire, what do you want to take out of it?

... In fact, let everything burn and imagine waking up tomorrow with nothing. Kind of exhilarating, isn't it?

So that's how I start everyday of my life. Now this is gonna be a little difficult so stay with me. You have a new backpack. Now this time, I want you to fill it with people. Start with casual acquaintances, friends of friends, folks around the office and then you move into the people you trust with your innermost/most intimate (?) secrets. Your cousins, your aunts, your uncles, your brothers, your sisters, parents and family, your husband, your wife, your boyfriend, your girlfriend. Get them into that backpack. Don't worry, I'm not gonna ask you to light it up on fire. Feel the weight of that bag. Make no mistake. Your relationships are the heaviest components in your life. Feel the straps and cuddle (?) it in your shoulders. All those relationships and arguments and secrets and compromises, you need to carry all that weight. Don't you set that bag down..."


- Ryan Bingham, Up in the Air

(This is transcribed with effort, there are words though that I'm not sure if I heard right.)


And oh, Alexander McQueen just died. I love that designer. :( Haven't read the details though, just read it over CNN's Twitter page. I'll most definitely check the news about it later.

RT @glasnostbystacy: the bad romance video would've been nothing without those shoes. we will miss you mcqueen. we will miss you.
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig