12 February 2010

February in Retrospective. :)

February 2009 marked the end of it all. My college life started to end there. I surpassed all the final challenges and requirements needed that was in between me and graduation. But February 2009 was somehow the "limbo stage" as well. As my college life chapter ended, another chapter was about to get started - the so-called CAREER.




Starting February, I moved out of my place in Quezon City and started living in a dorm (but I was alone in the room) somewhere in Recto. I had two more weeks of duty left, 10-6 and 6-2 shift. What a great hassle it would be if I still have to go home in Cavite after the shift, right? I really didn't had a choice and Recto was the cheapest and easiest place me and my mom found that had vacancies and allowed me to stay for a month. I was sort of apprehensive and kind of hesitant about the place but what is 2 weeks for me to endure, right? I chose the wing that was 'dual', meaning there were both boys and girls. I didn't chose the 'all-girls' because I'll have to share my room and I didn't want that. So there, I had no roommate in that yellow air-conditioned room. But I had to use the public comfort room (with cubicles, that is) but since my duty was awfully too early and too late, I had the comfort room all to myself (10-6: I take a bath in the afternoon. 6-2: I take a bath around lunch time.). But there were instances that I came across or passed by half-naked boys upon going to the comfort room. Oohlala! Haha! I had to eat mostly fastfood for two weeks. It was nauseating. Upon going home over the weekend, my mom gave me 'decent' and home-cooked food, which of course, only lasted a day or a day and a half. And oh, upon leaving that place, if I remember clearly, I had less than a hundred electric and water bill to pay! That dorm experience wasn't so bad after all. :)






2 February 2009

It was UERM's 50th anniversary. No duty for a week! Sweet! :) We had a fun run, which I was late for because I came from Cavite and it was Monday so it was traffic. It was a 7am event I think. They had just finished when I arrived. I think someone forged my attendance if I'm not mistaken. Haha! We were assigned to do something for the cultural show for the 50th celebration but we sort of skipped it and just asked what's the schedule of the practices and what we were supposed to do. Then we headed to Taft for lunch (Yes, from QC to Manila!) and went to Intramuros! :) Oh gosh, that was a very memorable day and place for me. HAHA! Then after that, we went back to school to 'sign in' (Yes, there was an attendance!) for the Battle of the Bands event. Then after we signed in, we left and headed to Cham's place at Rizal (Yeah, I was everywhere! Haha!). We had our favorite streetfood session and kereeyowkee! :) Then I had to go home to Cavite after all the adventure me and my friends did. Whew.





3 February 2009

Mr. and Ms. Nursing event. It was an afternoon event so I didn't have to wake up early. We won again! :) One of the best ways to end our last year in college. Had dinner with Keith and Pits at Teriyaki Boy after. I slept at the dorm that night since we had a practice scheduled the next day in UE Theater.




4 February 2009

No event in line, just practices with the freshmen for the cultural show presentation. We were the backstage people. Haha. Their dances were reminiscent of our PE dancing days so we danced with them, just behind the scene though. Then we headed to Waying (Did I spell that correctly) for lunch. We went to Pits' place after to have my and Pau's creative shot taken by More! :)




5 February 2009

It was the day of the Cultural Show. Since we volunteered to help in that show, we get to attend the EM Dumlao lecture series for free! :) So we attended a lecture that was scheduled after lunch. We were late because they waited for me. Haha. Then after the lecture, we changed and headed straight to UE Theater in Recto. The event was a success (Of course, they were graded here as well!) and again, we danced with them, behind the scene again though. Haha! Then I headed straight home in Cavite after the event. :)




20 February 2009

It was our NCM Finals! :) I didn't remember much about this week. All I know was I wasn't able to finish studying for that test and I was to sleepy and bangag that day. Then after the exam, they bombarded us with Psychiatric Test Drills! OMG. My mind was like super blank and not working! My brain cells were enough for my final exam alone. Yeah, my friends and I answered the drills in "Team Nursing" way! Haha!



I'm not sure of the date but I think this was a week after our finals? It was our post-conference with our batch adviser and CI for Management, Mr. Butcon. Normally, our post-conferences with him are gruesome and nerve-wracking and tiring because it was right after our 2-10 or 10-6 duty. But that last post-conference was a sad one but fulfilling in a way. Sad because it was our last one with him. He gave us a sort of parting message and some 'words of wisdom' to boost us and inspire us for the coming board exam that year. It was fulfilling also because knowing that we were seating in front of him and listening to that last post-conference meant we surpassed his challenges on us and I tell you, he was and will never be the easy one. And looking back at it now, at the end of it all, we knew we did a good job although we didn't knew it back right then and there. And I believe he commended us as well! We were among his babies after all. :)


And now, as February 2010 started, it marked the start of something new, my career. It was a year in the making but what the heck, I am officially starting next week. :) Wish me luck! :)
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig