15 January 2010

I think I’m moving but I go nowhere.

It had been 15 days since 2010 started and it had been 15 days that I am still bumming around! Well, not totally. Aside from hanging out with my friends, I already started processing my NCLEX 3 days ago and I gave Keith my application form for NCMH (I haven’t finished my autobiography though. Okay, I know. I’m gonna finish it later! :p). I also searched for universities that offer Master’s Degree in Nursing and looked over their program/course, subjects and application requirements. Well, if I am not mistaken, there are no other universities in Manila aside from these two – UERM and UST -- that offers Master’s Degree in Nursing. Yeah, those were the only professionally-related act that I did for the past 15 days! Boohoo. And it hit me hard! I was like, “Come on! I had been a bum since June 8! It’s about time to have my plans materialized and to get my ass movin’ BIG TIME!”
I promised to myself that I will rock my 2010 and just like 2009, I will try to make 2010 MY year. 6 months of rest and relaxation was already enough. Enough rejuvenation and enough to make my mind idle. I need to be tired again! Haha.
As I look back the past 6 months of my life, I felt I did almost nothing!
  • I waited for the results of the Board Exam to be released for almost one month and a half.
  • I had myself registered as a nurse in PRC and processed my license, SSS, NBI, certification of passing, credentials. The worst part in processing in PRC? It’s not the long lines or the slow poke employees. It’s the waiting and the coming to and fro! I have to wait because processing is in alphabetical order and the first letter of my surname belongs to the lower half of the alphabet! I have to come back on this date to do this, on that date to do that. I even have to wait for my license for a month! Remembering it now, I realized that it took me 4 trips to PRC and 3 months to accomplish all of these!
  • I trained at Red Cross so I can be authorized/licensed in giving Basic Life Support and First Aid. (Well, that was SOMETHING! :p)
  • After I finally received my license, I had tried applying as a staff nurse for hospitals but to no avail, I am still unemployed up to this moment. I even tried applying as a volunteer or trainee but since the Philippines are overflowing with nurses, we just have to wait for THE call. And waiting sucks! My mom is trying to ‘work’ my papers out just so I can have a job or even training. In our world, it’s not where you came from, it’s who you know.
So while opportunities for nurses here in the Philippines are elusive, I took this time to really think about my other options and to ponder on what should I do next. I know I can’t waste another six months. I’m gonna die! Haha.
While I am still fabulously unemployed, I decided to take my NCLEX. I didn’t want to take it at first but then, what the heck, I should go take it. I won’t lose anything anyway. So I started processing my papers already and again, I have to wait. I have to wait for the requirements/papers I requested from my school. I have to wait for the fingerprint card I requested from the Board of Registered Nurses in California to be mailed to me. I have to mail those documents to California so they can double check my credentials and background, etc etc. I have to wait for my eligibility to take the test. So while I wait for that ‘long wait’ to be over, I have to study for my exam! I cannot, will not and should not fail! Aside from the long processing, the exam itself is expensive! So I guess I just have to self-study after all… Review centers are also expensive! And here comes the hard part: the I-don’t-know-how-to-study-anymore-but-I-need-to-study-all-over again! Haha.
And here comes the hardest moment. The moment where I should finally decide whether I should enter Medical School or take my Master’s Degree then take Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion in few years time. I am still undecided as to where my heart really is. Once I have finally decided over this seemingly endless dilemma, I know there’s no turning back. I HOPE that I will not look back over that option ever again. Oh God, help me decide… Direct me to what Your will for me is.
Yes, I really need to get down serious and do more worthwhile things. No more bumming around!
I need and have to pass that exam.
I need and have to study.
I need and have to take more Continuing Education.
And I need and have to stop linking “Nothing To Do” with “Internet-babad” (Specifically, Facebook-ing, Tweet-ing, YM-ing.) SERIOUSLY. SERIOUSLY! Haha.
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig