18 January 2010

Post-Review: Avatar

74. I will keep track of my accomplished tasks by blogging it! :)

It's almost a week late but what the heck. Haha.

I accomplished Number 11 in my Day Zero Project List:


11. I will watch a movie in 3D!


Yeah, well, I don't know if IMAX and 3D are two different things but I believe they are somehow (?) so I sort of accomplished it anyway.


Vinci, Bobbie, Lee, Joanne, Chai and I watched Avatar last Monday. It was an EXCELLENT and AWESOME film! James Cameron, for being the writer and the director, he just rocks! BOW. Honestly, when I first saw it's trailer way back early October if I'm not mistaken, It didn't caught my attention. I don't know why, I thought it was all about alien world and aliens bore me. It was my brother who wanted to watch it but I told him that it seemed uninteresting (Yeah, eventually, I took back what I said. Haha.) Since it was a film by James Cameron, it made me think twice. Then I heard and read movie reviews, I saw a better trailer and that was it. I wanted to watch it. My friends wanted to watch it as well so off we went to Mall of Asia to catch it on IMAX.


3 Hour movie? So what. I was never bored at the movie (Yeah, well, there was a part where I unintentionally fell asleep. The scene where the military entered the Avatar world and started destroying it. I don't know why I fell asleep! Darn. I tried opening my eyes and all I saw was the fire in the scene then my eyes eventually closed slowly. I didn't miss much though, I know it.). Very good plot and story. I mean, who else can think of that kind of story? I know I can't (Yeah, well, I'm not that imaginative anyway.)! Haha. And though the story revolved about our world and the world beyond ours in the future, it has a sense of 'now'. At least that's how I see it. I mean, it reflects our world today, be it subtly or very evidently. Just look at how both powerful and poor countries are today. People from poor countries or from the indigenous community struggle to survive or make the most of whatever they have and there are these people who think they are superior over them that they take advantage of them or show disrespect to them in any form possible and they just won't give way or compromise! And notice the part in the movie that deals with the environmental aspect? It's very evident now. Even in our country. These landowners or engineers or whoever they are, they want to destroy some of our country's natural resources, some preserved lands. For what? For the sake of building subdivisions, buildings. Well hello, too commercialized world. And we are experiencing energy crisis, and climate change aren't we? It was also shown in the movie how the military took desperate measures to solve that energy crisis by raiding the Avatar world for that mineral but it eventually lead to the destruction of their world due to the resistance of the Na'vi. I hope that though we have that same problem, finding solutions for the problem wouldn't lead to drastic actions. I also admired how spirituality or one's faith was represented in the movie. It sends out a good message that despite of all that is happening around us, there is one Person up there who will never leave us. :)

And to all those who were able to watch the movie, you gotta applaud the visual effects! SUPERB! :) Thanks to power of technology for the very visually satisfying movie and the cinematic viewing experience. :)

If only that 'Avatar Program' is real, not only that it is way too cool and plainly out of this world but I believe that entering the Avatar world through your consciousness would be magical... :)
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig