18 January 2010

I think my mom loves my friends! :)

One Friday afternoon, my Mom and I were talking over lunch. It was a conversation about random things. I don't know how we got into that topic, about me and Lee talking in a cab about our life. (Yeah, the buhay-buhay talk.)

*Sorry Lee but nakwento ko kay Mama yung drama mode nyo ni Tita (Won't elaborate further though). Dun kasi nagsimula yung buhay-buhay talk natin e. Hehe.*

Then from that story, napa-jump kami tungkol sa mga future plans. Since I am talking about me and my friends, my plans, my friends' plans and OUR plans, namention ni Mama ang linyang ito:

"Actually, nagtanong nga si Atty. Cy sa akin na, 'Buti si Ja hindi nag-boboyfriend-boyfriend. Parang wala sa isip nya yun."

*MAAA. Kung alam mo lang! Haha. No, but seriously... Gusto ko naaa. Hahaha! Pero career muna. At yung mga chorva ko dati e wala lang yun, though counted siya e di naman siya ganun ka-dibdiban. HAHAHA.*

Then she replied daw, "Ang sabi ko, 'EH CLOSE KASI SILA NG MGA BARKADA NIYA. MASAYA SIYA SA BARKADA NIYA. DI RIN KASI YUN YUNG FOCUS NG MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA."

And you can all fill in the rest of the blanks for yourselves, my friends. :) Napaisip din ako actually e. Paminsan-minsan ko nang binitiwan ang mga salitang, "Dahil ata sa'yo/sa inyo/sa kanila kaya hindi pa ako nagkakaboyfriend!" Pero referring to my boy friends. It was a superficial sentence with a shallow meaning. It is what it is. No underlying meaning. But then, hearing my Mom's statement, it made me think. Yung linyang paminsan-minsan ko nang binitiwan does not only refer to my boy friends but to all my friends, be it from elementary, high school or college.

It is true that I have very close friends, as in CLOSE. TIGHT. Yung tipong sa sobrang close namin e pati ibang parte ng buhay nila (Syempre, hindi yung 'pang-amin' na kwento!) e nakekwento ko kay Mama so eventually she has somewhat a 'preview' of who my friends really are. With that statement, I believe my Mom, kahit alis kami ng alis ng friends ko, is proud and happy that I have found and gained friends like them. I believe she trusts my friends too. I also believe that she is proud of my friends too, be it the way they were raised by their parents or their personal accomplishments. And kung iisipin, bilang sa daliri namin yung mga friends ko who are in a relationship. And though these few people are in a relationship, di naman sila nakakalimot. In fact, they serve somewhat a 'role model' for us because in fairness to them, they have good romantic relationship with their partners. And whenever we hangout and talk, di lang naman puro chismis at gaguhan ang usapan namin, we talk about life and our plans. Kinekwento ko kay Mama yung mga plano-plano natin sa buhay-buhay, be it personal plan or goal or group plan or goal. May times na natatawa at natutuwa siya sa mga grandiose plans natin, I believe nacu-cutan siya sa tayog ng pangarap natin? Haha. Boasting aside, one cannot hide the fact that me and my friends are goal-oriented and career-focused. May kalokohan or bisyo man ang isa sa amin, it still wouldn't be enough for him or her to be considered na BI sa buhay ko at para sabihan ako ng Nanay ko na lumayo sa kanila.

Respect, loyalty and love reign in the friendship we have. :) I love you friends and I believe my Mom loves you guys too! :)
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig