01 September 2017

Long Distance Relationships

During one random conversation with a friend yesterday, I mentioned that one of the three main reasons why I still visit the Philippines is because of my friends, especially the ones since high school. I remember saying to her that these people have a special part in my life. It's next to family, if not like family.


We basically grew up and spent our awkward years together - that's basically more than half of our lives. We annoyed each other over pathetic things when we were younger. We laugh at them now when we look back. We shared too many memories from good down to shitty. We witnessed how each one of us matured and became the person we are today. Even if I moved away, we still remain in touch and I am so glad for that.





Hence, I try as much as I can to be present on the special occasions in their lives (It's hard to say no, too!). Aside from being here for them "in spirit" and being one call or message away, I try to offer my "presence" or to be present when I can. I try to value and uphold my friendships, especially those that are worth keeping and continuing. You don't throw away that kind of relationship.





As for my friends from university, since most of us are already based overseas, we try to meet up if our flights to the Philippines are around the same time.





One of the things that I realized from moving overseas is how your circle of friends become smaller but very significant. You will reach that point where you just lose out of touch with some of the people you used to be in good terms with because you no longer share the same interests, life happened and you grew apart or sometimes, it is what it is. On the other hand, you will also learn who are the ones worth keeping.




So, thank you, guys, for being there since day one and despite the distance. For all the love and support. I know I don't say this often (because it goes without saying, really) but sometimes, it's good to let you know once in a while. I love you and I miss you all! Cannot wait to see you soon!

       


P.S. I hope we do not become boring adults! That thought is kind of scary. Hahaha!

(Also, sinong extra cheesy tonight? Hahaha!)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig