30 July 2011

If Not Now, When?: Incubus in Manila

28th of July, 2011
first day of a twohelluvanight event in Philippines


"You do something to me that I can't explain."

Shots by my friend, Liz.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Yeah, I have to scream first before I start my entry. Haha!


This is the third time Incubus went to Manila and finally I was able to watch them!!! I was with my brother and two good friends, Vinch and Jolo. Unfortunately for us though, the only tickets we got were the cheapest ones since we bought them few days before the show. BUT WE DON'T CARE. Haha!


Aftermath. My concert buddies for the night (my brother took the picture)
Watching Brandon Boyd even from a far, listening to his songs (especially the good old ones) and singing together with him and my brother and friends is already enough. At least for me. I didn't expect they were gonna sing 'I Miss You'!!! Oh goodness, I almost died. HAHAHA! Superrrrr kiliiiiiig! And just when they were in the middle of their fitting finale song, 'Nice to know You,' and he was seconds away from lifting his shirt, another moment I was waiting for, MY. BATTERY. DIED. OH. MY. GOSH. I panicked! But whatever. I was more engrossed at the moment anyway.

Above: Singing Megalomaniac or Wish You Were Here, I think.
Below: The lift-his-shirt moment that I missed to catch on my cam.
Shots by my friend, Liz.
Next concert or someday and wherever in the future, I hope I could have a chance to actually stand close to Brandon and/or with his bandmates, say "Hi, can we have a picture together?" then I'll hug him/them and say "Thank you and I love you." :)


Franco. The front act that night.

Drive was the very first song that I heard from Incubus and loved. If it weren't actually for a former loved one and my ultimate celebrity crush who are fans of this band and whose interests put me into curiosity, I wouldn't have actually dared to listen more of their songs so I owe it to them for introducing me to this band. So yeah, Incubus is the first rock band that I loved and still love. They were the ones who really introduced me to rock and made me realize there is more to 'just rock music.' Incubus opened me to a genre I never thought I would love and appreciate.


More concert photos courtesy of my friend, Liz.
THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU INCUBUS AND BRANDON BOYD!!! It was an awesome show. Wonderful performance by the band. Very good night for me, my brother and my friends. Good times, eh? :D


More Brandon Boyd shots by Liz.
Anyway, here is a setlist of the songs they played:


Megalomaniac
Wish You Were Here
Consequence
Pardon Me
Anna Molly
Love Hurts
Circles
Look Alive
Promises, Promises
The Warmth
Drive
Sick Sad, Little World
Isadore
Glass
Talk shows on Mute
Adolescents
Crow
___________
I Miss You
Wolves
Nice To Know You


We were expecting for them to play Dig, Are You In and Warning but they didn't. Sayang! 


Anyway, forgive the quality of my pictures (those with watermarks). It's tough to take pictures at a concert, especially a rock concert. I grabbed (with permission) some better shots from my friend Liz though, since she was seated on VIP (I used Photoscape to put together the pictures so the original shots can't be copied.) Thanks Liz! :)


"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there, with open arms and open eyes, yeah."

"Goooooooodbye, nice to know yoooooooou!"


SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig