23 July 2011

Harry Potter: Series ends, Legacy lives on

We had a Friday family night and watched the final Harry Potter movie on IMAX. I was only able read the book a month and a half before this last film. I kept postponing reading it (too late actually) because I don't want to forget details from the book when I watch the film. I actually have less than 30 pages left because I was too tired to read the night before. Haha. Anyway, the film met 95% of my expectations I suppose. I was expecting for the conversation between Aberforth and Harry to be more detailed yet brief than what was actually shown in the film. I was also expecting a bit more action scenes. But all in all, it was really a good film. A very good finale film. I cried from the scene when Lord Voldemort killed Professor Snape until battle was over. We were laughing at the scene when they all got 'older'. Harry grew facial hair and Ron grew a belly. They both even have a different hairstyle -- brushed-up look for Harry and parted-on-the-side for Ron. I mean, you can really see the effort of making them look older but they just look funny! Hermione and Ginny didn't look 'old' that much, as if nothing really changed much except for the hair in a bun for Hermione and a shorter hair for Ginny.

Cast
J.K. Rowling

J.K. Rowling
I still remember reading the first book, which was surprisingly and randomly borrowed for me by my mom from her friend, in a hotel room. I can't remember if it was on a vacation or just a family weekend but I clearly do remember that I just can't seem to put the book down! I'm a late bloomer fan. I've read the first four books continuously during one summer vacation in high school. Since then on, I waited, just like any other fan, for every release of the remaining books.

The Harry Potter series, as nerdy, as cheesy or as fanatic as it sounds, really became a part of my life. To say that I grew up with it is just an understatement. I believe it is one of the tools that honed my mind as creative and as imaginative as it is. J.K. Rowling's words weren't just used properly but they perfectly described every event, every thought, every feeling of the characters. The books aren't all about fantasy. It talks about life. Disregarding the magic, the spells and every little weird and flying thing, it tackles relationships in all forms, issues. It depicts determination, strength, love, honesty, trust, presence of good and evil, defiance. I believe with these books, Rowling made non-bookworms to bookworms, at least to Harry Potter alone. You united a lot of people and you created such a craze! You made people preoccupied on their spare time or not. So to J.K. Rowling, cheers! Thank you J.K Rowling for your presence and your creative gene that brought this series in this world. I know it was tough to write this series and the pressure of continuously keeping up and maintaining its level of excitement and curiosity and adventure is just unimaginable. But you did it. For years, every new release of the book and every movie made was a phenomenon. It's crazy! Thank you for introducing Harry Potter and gang and their story to us. I'll make sure I'll have my future children read Harry Potter. I, with the rest of the fans, will definitely miss Harry Potter and the gang.

The HP Main Characters all grown up.

Now it would be really weird seeing Daniel, Emma and Rupert not together in a film or even if they are together and it's not a Harry Potter film.
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig