30 July 2011

This is War: 30 Seconds to Mars in Manila

29th of July, 2011
second day of a twohelluvanight event in Philippines

"We were the kings and queens of promise. We were the victims of ourselves. Maybe the children of a lesser God between heaven and hell. Heaven and hell."

After watching Incubus, I wondered how 30STM will perform. No doubt, they wouldn't suck. But at some point I thought, "Would they top Incubus' performance?"

The concert hadn't started yet when it rained. Vinch, Jolo and I managed to fit ourselves under an umbrella yet we knew that sooner or later, even if the rain will not stop, we have to close our umbrella. We bought plastic coats being sold from a booth inside the venue. The rain just got harder that we have to open the umbrella again. We started to get annoyed because it was uncomfortable and our poor little shoes were really wet. As in squishy wet as if we walked through flood. I'm sorry Marc Abaya but we (my friends and I) really did wish you wouldn't have to do your front act and have Jared get on the stage as soon as possible so we could all go home and dry up. We said to ourselves that this better be one freakin, worth it, good show or else... We'll unfollow Jared and 30STM on Twitter. HAHAHA!

Kjwan opened the show that night. People still have umbrellas opened and wished the rain would stop once 30STM is on stage.

Then lo and behold, the 30STM went out and everyone just got wet and wild! For the first few minutes, there were funny yet mean bashing thrown by people who couldn't watch properly (due to the umbrellas opened) to the people who have their umbrellas opened. The former won! Hahaha! It was crazy that the organizers moved the barricade a few steps forward so we, on the Silver side, could see better (We were near the barricade so it really is better for us). we were literally soaking wet amidst the plastic coats (that was slowly torn towards the end of the show) we have on. We were a bunch of crazy, loud audience. Jared and the rest of the band made us go crazy! We were jumping as high as we could and singing and screaming with him, with our handfists thrown in the air. Maaaaannnnnn! Such a scene! Never in my 22 years of life did I imagine myself in and among a crowd like that! And I don't jump on concerts but Jared made me! Yes, I did jump under the rain. Oh, I, we, actually forgot that it was raining and we have squishy shoes! We just didn't care.



When Jared actually pointed to some people to come up on stage and sing with him (very MTV World Stage moment), I really begged my friends to throw me towards the stage but they couldn't since they were aching all over. I never wished to be thrown towards the stage UNTIL. THAT. NIGHT. UNTIL. THAT. MOMENT. I think the rain made it better and dramatic. I never enjoyed rainy outdoors until that night. Another thing that Jared did differently and only him was when he said, "IKAW NA!" instead of "Maraming Salamat" or "Mahal ko kayo" or "Kumusta." He loved our food and our noodles. He said he had noodles for breakfast yesterday.


These were some of the lucky people who got invited to come up on stage.
Jared asked a girl what next song to sing and she said, 'The Kill.'
The next moment Jared invited more people to come up on stage was for the finale song.
To answer my own question and I hate to say this (and I can't believe I am saying this since I love Incubus more and I can be biased) but I think 30 Seconds to Mars did it better. Production/'attack'-wise. Incubus and 30STM both had awesome performances but different 'attacks' to the audience, to their respective songs and on how they perform. Both are down right good bands. Jared's just crazier and more in touch, more interactive with the audience. I already stated the evidence above. I saw that scene on MTV already but I didn't expect that to happen that night and to be among the crowd of that same scene.


Few hours before 30STM's show, I swore that after that night, I will lose it. There is only enough rock gods and hotness I can take. I will already have too much by that night. And I did. We did. Twohelluvanights, man! Crazy!

THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU 30STM AND JARED LETO!!!!! You let me out of my comfort zone and it's good! Next time, our target spot would be that stage with you! :)

Anyway, here's a setlist of the songs they played:

Escape
A Beautful Lie
Attack
Search and Destory
This is War
100 Suns
A Call To Arms
L490
Hurricane
Alibi
The Kill
Night of the Hunter
Closer to the Edge
Kings and Queens

Anyway, my pictures were even poorer this time. I used a different camera since we will be standing near the bouncers and the usual camera that I use is always mistaken as DSLR. I don't want to be called and to be told to put my camera down and turn it off like what happened in Maroon 5.

After that two consecutive nights, Vinch, Jolo and I need painkillers and anti-pyretics and a good fan sleep. Akala mo nakipag-body slam. It was tiring as hell. My whole body never ached like this since cheer squad days back in high school! But boy, it was worth it!

Aftermath. Me (with my lame pose) and my concert buddies. 

"No, I'm not saying I'm sorry. One day maybe we'll meet again. NO NO NO NO! I WILL NEVER FORGET! NO NO! I will never regret. NO NO! I WILL LIVE MY LIFE!"

SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig