24 May 2010

Perioperative Nursing.

I took a leave of absence for almost a month from my training in Jose R. Reyes Memorial Medical Center to attend another training, Perioperative Nursing, at The Medical City which started last Thursday. So yeah, I’ve been a little busy these past few days. Thank God, we have no duty at Jose Reyes tomorrow due to preparation for our case presentation (Yes, I train at two hospitals as of the very moment.). I get to rest fi-nuh-lly! But I still have to polish what I made for our case presentation. Thank God also that we have what seems to be a 2-week ‘off duty’ in Jose Reyes due to a 3-day non-compulsory seminar scheduled this coming week and a 3-day case presentation series next week. At least I’m not that physically tired (only mentally!) in the coming weeks because I don’t need to report back in Jose Reyes until my group’s scheduled case presentation.

Anyway, let me share my experiences in the first four days of my Perioperative Training:
  • It’s my first time to go to The Medical City and boy was I amazed! All this time, though I’ve heard of Medical City before (Well, this is a new Medical City. They were located before behind Megamall if I’m not mistaken.), I still thought St. Luke’s (the one in Global is not counted since that one is very new) was the most ‘sosyal’ hospital in the Philippines! I was wrong! The Medical City feels like Seattle Grace Hospital, very Grey’s Anatomy-ish! I love it and I would love to work there! It’s like the dream workplace! :)
  • Private kung private, cutting-edge kung cutting-edge!
  • We were toured in the OR and it’s the best and biggest OR I’ve ever seen! We were taught how instruments are sterilized, how they are disinfected, how machines and OR tables function. VERY COOL! (Ha! I know how to operate the machine! :p)
  • For a medical professional like me, the hospital ambiance itself is very intimidating. Much more the doctors that work there! It’s a big and known hospital and it’s where some, if not most, VIP patients are brought. “To whom much is given, much is expected.” Therefore, there’s pressure to really be the best which is kinda scary and hard to reach. But not impossible! (Yeah, that’s the spirit! Haha!)
  • It feels like going to school again. We had lectures for the first three days. Funny because my aunt is also my ‘classmate’. Hehe. And we topped the first pre-test exam! How’s that huh? Haha! :)
So far, that’s the only kwento I have… There will be more though! :) I would be on duty on Tuesday and Wednesday in the Delivery Room so wish me luck! I have to refresh my gowning and gloving skills though. Haha! :)
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig