27 February 2010

The week that was...

I AM SARCASTICALLY THANKING GLOBE FOR THE SCREW UP IN OUR INTERNET CONNECTION. I wanted to update badly my blog almost everyday since I haven’t been busy yet but yeah, thanks to Globe, I’m going to make a week-load and week-worth entry.
Anyway, not much had happened these past few days…


It’s the 24th year of the EDSA Revolution which honestly didn’t made sense to me. Yeah, it marked the country’s freedom over Marcos’ regime but did it really?? Well, yes, literally, the people (I wasn’t alive at that time yet) pushed him out of his throne but I believe more problems occurred after his reign, no offense meant to the late Former President Corazon Aquino (May she rest in peace.) but offense meant to the succeeding presidents after Marcos, particularly President Estrada and President Arroyo! For me (FOR ME.), President Marcos’ only fault was he became too greedy for the power that he didn’t want to step down. Well, they all did at one point, didn’t they? But at least in Marcos’ reign, Philippines was something. We excelled in sports. Our economy’s good. He and his wife had a lot of projects that really materialized and still exists up to this very day. I’d like to think that there were fewer crimes under his regime, except that of Martial Law. Yes, he was greedy for the money and power but I’d like to believe that he became greedy to make Philippines a better country too. And don’t let me get started comparing Marcos from Estrada and Arroyo because despite the Martial Law and even if I’m not alive during Marcos’ time, I believe Marcos is way better. WAY BETTER. Anyway, enough politics. I hate that topic. Haha. And I understand totally the point of commemorating the EDSA Revolution but if I come to think of it, that’s all there is to it – COMMEMORATING. Commemorating the freedom from Marcos’ greed of power. The point of overthrowing Marcos out of his seat is to free the country. We may be free now and we don’t have Martial Law existing right at this very moment but are we really free? Free from poverty? Free from lies of these good-for-nothing-politicians? Free from our government’s greed? Free from bondage?
Okay, I said enough earlier, right? So I should stop talking about this shameless and dirty politics. A 21-year old like me doesn’t have the right to talk about it because in the first place, I didn’t even get myself registered to vote! Yeah, well, sue me for voicing my opinion, I don’t care. Haha.

ON A LIGHTER NOTE… 


My bestfriend and I applied in NCMH last Tuesday. We met up with Keith because he’ll help us process our papers. But here’s the thing, Keith forgot to tell me about the application letter! So, we just gave our papers to Keith so his mom can submit it for us and do her ‘magic’! Haha. Then we went to Shang and met up with my college friends – Heki, Frannie, Jam (With the boyfriend) and Mich. We watched Valentines’ Day! :) The movie was great, just a feel-good, funny, romantic, chill movie. :) And for the record, I wanted to slap Taylor Swift’s character in the movie; she’s like a stupid blond bimbo! HAHAHA! Same with Taylor Lautner, he’s like the typical stupid jock! HAHAHA! But all in all, I LOVE THE MOVIE! :) Heaven, Heki and I met up with Joanne after the movie so we can go home altogether.


Then came Friday, my bestfriend and I met again to submit my resume in Our Lady of Pillar Hospital here in Imus. Then we met up with Joanne because we wanted to watch Miss You Like Crazy. I’ve only admitted this recently but in my heart, I’m a fan of John Lloyd and Bea. HAHAHA! One More Chance is better but Miss You Like Crazy still made me cry. Although it isn’t actually MY story but I’m a sucker for love and I’m a hopeless romantic so I get easily affected but cheesy movies. Thanks to my movie dates, they were laughing at me for crying. HAHAHA! Nice. And here’s the turning point of the day: Just when I thought the day’s gonna run smooth, my bestfriend and I had a fight. Yes, A FIGHT. We normally argue on the phone or through text. But that day, we argued publicly and in front of Joanne! It was my first time to see him get mad at me like that! I was super pissed off at him but I apologized because I know I have my share of fault on what happened PERO IT DIDN’T MEAN NA NAKIKIPAGBATI AKO NUN. HAHA! Anyway, I’m not gonna divulge the details, of course. But around 12-ish this morning, he called me and that’s it, we’re okay na. HAHAHA! Maarte lang talaga kami minsan. Haha!
That’s all there is to my week that was. I just hope my internet connection gets fixed already so I can publish this already! I’m going to kill you Globe! Grr. Haha!


AND IT’S THE BACKSTREET BOYS CONCERT TONIGHT! I want to waaaatch. I really do. Huhu. Tumanda na ako at lahat, baka di ko na sila mapanood ever. HUHU.
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig