11 February 2012

Saturday Favorites 006


1. Frannie's adventure to conservatism!

I will miss you so bad, girl! You take care of yourself there, okay? :)


2. Meeting with colleagues and boss. And with somehow a good result.
I finally voiced out what I want. Let's see what happens by Monday. I got a good response but I need more than that. I need it to be translated in paper so it can be really done. Totally legit. :) Help me, Lord. :)

  

Photos form IMDb, Pixar, Wikipedia.

2. Little happy things.
Like watching Toy Story saga during lunch break. I laughed. I cried. It made me smile. :)
(I actually watched a total of 7 movies this week. Three of which is from today.)
Like pigging out. I ate my heart out with 5 slices of pizza, one slice of cake, one cup of ice cream. Oh, heavens! :)

3. New blog read: http://www.atsuii.com
I saw her on Tumblr through what do i wear?. More than her simple but chic style reflective on her fashion blog, she takes good photography, too. 



4. Scott Schuman and Tevi Gevinson
The Sartorialist was one of the few fashion-slash-photography blogs I have encountered since the rise of fashion blogging. He had a good visual eye because he recognizes art through other people's self-expression in clothes. I love what Scott said in the video:

"The fact of the matter is, you know, I didn't grow up dreaming to be aphotographer. I didn't assist for anybody. I just kind of started doing it. So for me, it's so instinctual, the way I shoot. The way I do it is just the way I do it. My lack of knowledge in the beginning really helped and really just made me refined what little I knew to make it work. And you know I think if you keep me asking other person who does a creative thing, you know, they probably go to school and all these different things and as they get better, it just narrows and narrows. And I think that's really where most photographers would like to get to is not to have all that other stuff to be able to create the most beautiful image that they can in the most simple way that they can. When I look at something, I don't really think, "Is that fashionable enough?"or "Is that of-the-moment enough?" I'm just reacting."

"... where now, with the blog, I can take a photograph and have it on the internet and share it with people across the world. People of this moment can comment on how they feel that looks, how that fits in, if it's at-the-moment. I think it will look very interesting a hundred years from now. You're building to be able to capture that and how that attitude is gonna change over, hopefully, in the next, 30-40 years that I'll be doing this. Capture something that you've really not been able to capture before."

"Before, you're really limited to the people you could see right there in front, at your park. Now, you can go on the internet and look for a blog like mine or other blogs that are based somewhere else. Really, the whole world's open to you right now."

Tevi Gevinson surprised me because when she started her blog, The Style Rookie, she was only 13, if I'm not mistaken. At 13, she gives sensible and trusted reviews of fashion shows and collections from recent fashion week events! This girl is smart and really knows fashion and art world and what she is talking about that she was invited to fashion shows and given FRONT-ROW TICKETS. If that is soooo not cool, I don't know what is.



5. The Collapsible Camera Extender/Monopod by Monopod Manila
Ha! Finally found another quick solution other than my tripod and self-timer setting for taking close-up photos, videos, overhead shots.

As the tagline of the online shop says, "Taking self-portraits and videos has never been easier!"
No more outstretched arms! Yayyyy!

Specs:
- The Monopod telescopes 4x the size, so everyone fits in your photo.
- Perfect for shooting videos
- Compact, lightweight and super sturdy
- Great for overhead shots, group photos and solo travel

This is only 650 Php!!! Aaaaah, I waaaant! (Click on the link above to order.)
















































6. Shoe Daydreamin'
Since I vowed not to buy shoes for this month, all I can do is stare and drooooool. (Siiigh.) Feet for a Queen sells really good stuff! I bookmarked TONS of their products on my computer!!!


7. Random find: Zebra-print PJs.
Yes, PJs. PajamasWhich I highly doubt that I would use for sleeping. And no, they are not flannel. Lalalala! Scooooore! I'm actually cooking a fashion post about this pants.



8. Hired! :) 
For my friend's wedding. Well, not really hired. This is more like a friendly favor. She asked me to make the cord (inspiration above) for her wedding. She probably trusted my design and handwork so I'm beyond ecstatic! :)

*****

On other news, I finished a freakin necklace in almost 5 hours! One necklace!! OMG.

*****

And let me include this one here too. Hehe.

Remember the postponed cruise I was talking about here? This was what I wore on the night it was canceled.

Thrifted denim vest with pearls
American Eagle laced top
Mom's old, silk and pleated maxi skirt
Mom's black leather  belt
assorted accessories
Esprit watch
gold flats

Recently, I discovered my love for ex-cessorizing (Yes, accessories in excess) that my mom makes me remove some of them. Hahaha! This is actually one of the main reasons why I put up my mini-online store. Instead of buying all that I fancy in the market, why not try to make it myself? Or better, design and make my own, right?


The vest was a good find for me because it adds a little something-something to a simple outfit. :) The vest can stand as your own accessory because of the pearl accents that you may need not to wear a necklace.


The silk maxi skirt was owned by my Mom. By now, it is officially one of my favorite pieces in my closet. It’s easy to dress up or down. :) It's a go-to piece on days when you're too cranky to even decide what you're gonna wear or when you're too happy and you want to look fabulous.


(Oops, I have a zit. OMG. Haha!)
I love this set of chandelier earrings! I love that it moves with my head. I love the instant statement it adds. It's just very bohemian. :)

 Anyway, that's all for now!
Tell me how your week went! :)
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig