27 January 2012

Baby, let's cruise.

I've had vouchers for this cruise, which I got through a deal site, since September. It was my first 'major' treat for my family since I got a job. My mom told me that we should use it after the holidays so we could have a family activity by the start of 2012. First week of this month, I had already booked for this cruise on a Friday night. However, that night didn't happen. Of course, it was a Friday and we were badly stuck in traffic (because my brother went home late! My parents were so mad. Haha.) so we decided to go home instead

Unfortunately enough, when I rebooked for Wednesday night (because my brother does not have a class on that day so he does not have a reason to be late. :p), all the upper deck slots were already taken. Even for the rest of the following days. Grar. Left with really no choice, I just went for the lower deck slots. 

Wednesday night came and we were on time. We were actually the first group to arrive. I asked if there were still upper deck slots but the girl in the registration area told us that there were no more available slots for that. She assured us though that if ever there would be a vacancy, she would give it to us. 







Registration and boarding time came, we were the first ones called. To our surprise, we were given upper deck slots! YAY! It really was my lucky day (Apart from that, I found a 100-peso bill in my bag that morning). Stinky garbage/fishy smell (but tolerable, at least for me) in the docking area aside, it was a good night. 



They served good food; the city lights were very nice to look at. I love looking at city lights kasi. It was a good place to relax and just stare at the water or the night sky or even the city lights. :) There were two acoustic singers on the upper deck, too. :) People from the lower deck can go up, listen to the music and watch the view after dinner.









On to my outfit for the day:
I went for something relaxed and easy. Something 'effortless' but still chic (or at least presentable to look at. Haha!), you know what I mean. I didn't want to look too lazy so I pulled a red blazer over my long, black tank top and black tights to add a pop of color and to protect me from the cold, night air over the bay as well.



 I wore my current favorite sneakers that night -- my snakeskin, Cole Haan sneakers to add more statement.


The bag that I used was a crocheted shoulder bag from Papua New Guinea, which was given to me by my uncle years ago.


All in all, it was a lovely family bonding. The only bad part of that night were my contact lenses. They were starting to dry up by halfway of the cruise and I couldn't see clearly! Yeah, I should have removed them when I got home and used my specs instead because it's windy out there. But whatever. :)
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig