23 February 2013

And then some more!

As promised, here's the continuation of my January affairs. :)

24 January 2013
Sampaguita Gardens
Kalibo, Aklan

My chaperone for that day is Manang Jo! :) You can get in this place for 50 pesos only and consumable. As for directions, we just took one tricycle ride from my Lola's house to the jeepney terminal and one jeepney ride to this place. I don't think giving out specific directions would matter that much because you might be coming from a different direction so it's better to just ask the locals.  

47

There were a lot to see at this place but my favorites were: The Christmas Village and Samuel Butcher's Mansion. 

48

The Christmas Village reminded me of that Bear Museum in Korea! Super naaliw ako sa mga dolls! :) The faces of the dolls might be familiar to you because this place is the main showroom for Precious Moments. I believe the teardrop-shaped eyes and angelic faces are quite familiar to Filipinos.

49

50

51

52

53

54

56

57
Adorable, aren't they?

58

59

60

This place isn't just for your viewing pleasure. They also have rooms here that you can stay in and a pool that you can swim in. This can be a good place to go to if you want to go for a quick getaway.

61

62

63

64

65

67

69

There's also a house-like museum inside this compound named Samuel Butcher's Mansion. You would have to pay additional 10 pesos for entrance and you would have to go barefoot inside as well. There are a lot of glamorous and golden stuff inside that place! All the items found inside that place are actually owned by Mr. Butcher and he owns the entire place as well.

70

71
That bed is from China. Bought by Mr. Butcher and had it shipped here.

72

73
Look at that Capiz shedining pieces!

74
And who can miss that gold-plated items?

75

76

77

78
Intricate design on the door and wall. Lovely!

79
Interesting details on a wardrobe

80

81

82

83

84

85

86

87

88

25 January 2013
Iloilo
SM City Iloilo
Ocean City Bistro, Smallville

Last stop was at my Mom's hometown. :) I spent one more night with my relatives from my Dad's side before going to my grandparents' (Mom's side) house the next day.

Before heading to Ocean City for dinner that night, I saw these creative items displayed at the mall. Ha! Now I know where my natural sense of creativity stemmed from. Ilongga din ako e! :D Chos!

89

90

91

92
Poli Abastillas' creation

93

94

95
Bernie Jay Chavez' creations

96

97
Nuesta Señora dela Candelaria

98

99
Ma. Theresa Nicole Masias Calzado's creations

100
Hablon

You should not miss this restaurant (Ocean City Bistro) if ever you are or you will be in Iloilo. They serve good food! :) (Photos below are just some of what we ordered.)

101

102

103

105

104
Family picture!

26 January 2013
Dinagyang
Iloilo

This was the closest thing I can get to Dinagyang (and watching performances on tv). I didn't watch the show live because it was scorching hot and it was held in an open space.

Anyway, I just spent the day with my aunt strolling at the mall and had dinner with her before I went back to Manila. :) While we were at the mall, we saw these Dinagyang-inspired slippers! See, we, Ilonggos are amazeballs! :)

106

107

108

109

110

And that concludes my escapade for January. :)

I felt stick to my stomach hours after I reached home though. I almost fainted when we went to church that night, too! All those food feast during that week-long trip and my tired body took revenge on me! Haha! Oh well, just a few days rest was the antidote. :)
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig