22 March 2012

For the little things

Last week, a brother of a 22-year old lady who was diagnosed with Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor with Spinal Cord Compression, secondary to Bone Metastasis went to our office to ask for medical assistance. Upon talking to the brother, I had mixed feelings. First, I was shocked because she was that young. It's my first time to hear this diagnosis that I have to Google it (Although I don't think it's my first time to encounter this, I had a patient when I was still a volunteer nurse who just became paralyzed in a snap with no apparent reason and the doctors couldn't seem to come up with an appropriate diagnosis for her due to her different symptoms). I was saddened because her life ahead of her is just about to start but now it seemed so far. And no offense meant, but I felt blessed at the very moment. To think I was even preoccupied with my own little complains and rants which I was discussing with my friend that morning. Compared to her, I had no right to even complain just a bit.

It's not every day that we recognize or take notice of God's little blessings. We are preoccupied with so much that is going on with our life that we don't even pause and think about the good things in our day. We bitch out, we complain, we rant, we curse, we blow things out of proportion. We only notice the bad stuff that comes our way. Let's not wait for someone's unfortunate situation for us to recognize how blessed we are. The fact that we wake up every morning is already one big blessing. A simple gratitude and appreciation to God and His blessings is way more than enough. At least God knows that we know. :) So let's all thank God for every little thing that comes our way, be it good or bad. :)

At the same time, I also pray for the 22-year old girl. I hope she'll get through this. If ever she will not, God bless her soul, I hope she will be at peace and her family will be able survive this ordeal.

To know more about her condition, read here: http://sarcomahelp.org/learning_center/mpnst.html
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig