01 July 2011

Adam Saaks: Cut Couture

I am not a rocker chic. I find overly printed, heavily-'skulled' prints on shirts... tacky. But this Ed Hardy t-shirt cuts by Adam Saaks caught my attention. I don't know how I knew about this tee cutting and styling either. I think I saw it randomly a few months ago while I was channel-scanning or while I was browsing over the internet. I can't remember. I never knew the term 'cut couture' existed until this day. Haha. Anyway, I just remembered this shirt idea when my brother thought of disposing some of his old plain white tees. Before he gave them to my mother to use it as rags, I grabbed one piece.

(Forgive my crappy Polyvore set. Hee.)

Adam Saaks


T shirt
T shirt
Life Tips » Ed Hardy Class-New Ed Hardy Clothing
Trendy Ed Hardy Styles – Master Couture Artist Styles Ed Hardy Shirts...
Thread Homepage for NZ Fashion, Beauty, Style, Culture and more
Thread Homepage for NZ Fashion, Beauty, Style, Culture and more
Thread Homepage for NZ Fashion, Beauty, Style, Culture and more
FW010 Fashion Wholesale Ed Hardy Women's Tank In Purple- Ed Hardy...
The Ed Hardy Tattoo Fashion trend | Trendoriginal



I searched YouTube videos on how t-shirt cutting and weaving is done and here are 3 of the best videos with clear instructions that I found.
















And here's one video of Adam Saaks-in-action that I found. :)






I think I'll prefer mine as non-fitting and cropped, not too rock-ish and not too much skin. I'm thinking of including macrame details at the bottom part of the shirt, cutting the sleeves and giving it a bigger arm hole. I don't know. We'll see. I'll show you when it's done. :)

And oh, just so you know, I appreciate rock and listen to some rock bands. I love prints and print details and I have nothing against skulls and tattoos.
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig