13 December 2012

It's been a month.

My goooooooshhhhhh. I missed blogging!!!

I had been uninspired to write lately... Well, basically, because I have nothing interesting to write about? I had been preoccupied with coming up with the best birthday gift ever, overthinking my I-don't-know-what-we-are-and-where-we-stand kind of relationship (which I prefer not to really talk about right now. Maybe later?), processing my papers for THE 'drastic and biggest decision' I have ever made and problem at work (which I will talk about later. You have to scroll down. Haha.). Since I missed doing it and I had been on hiatus for about 3 months, I also kept my hands busy with creating accessories (and the remaining wedding stuff my friend asked me to do for her, which you will see in my entry next to this one).

page1
page2
These are my recent 'creation.' So far, 6 necklaces were already sold. :)

With that, I was able to get back on track in my business again. I released my 9th collection by October and my 10th by the following month. I haven't officially released my collection for December though but the items are all set already.

cover

cover

cover


Most of the items were already sold though. But you can check out my Facebook page to see what items are still available. :)

I had also been quite busy with my fashion class. As it is about to end, we have quite a lot of projects. One of the recent projects we had was to design something for a client. The theme given to me and my partner was a drag queen costume. My partner wanted a 1920's, flapper, Great Gatsby-themed costume. This was what I came up with.

drag


The gold and silver detailing didn't look as 'sparkly' as I want it to look like though. Any part of the outfit that is in yellow is supposed to look like gold. I have to buy that metallic watercolor palette next time!

The next project we had was a bridal entourage! This was the inspiration that I have in mind. More on peaches and corals with touch of green. I wanted to have a unique motif.


513-Southern-Hospitality


201606520789526024_o5khNHr5_c



This was the color palette and the color combinations on the dresses that I came up with. I wanted nothing too bright or too pale. Something subtle. I wanted colors that give off a fresh, happy, relaxed vibe.

bridal color scheme

In my designs, I focused more on drapings, pleatings and ruchings rather than embellishments. I placed the embellishments on the bride's gown instead. Upstaging the bride is a no-no and rude in whatsoever way. :)

entourage1
entourage2

Quite unfortunate for me, I don't think I got the actual colors when I rendered my sketches. I wasn't able to appreciate my work that much. I felt like I ruined my designs when I put color on them. Hahahaha. 

mob

But I must say, I'm proud of my bridal gown design. It's not that bad at all! Haha! :)

bride

For our final project, we were asked to make a portfolio. Of course, every portfolio starts with an inspiration. Hence, we made our own moodboard.

moodboard

I am thinking of an Arabic/Indian/Moroccan-inspired collection, as you can see in my moodboard. Since I am a sucker for colors and anything bright, I was immediately attracted to the bright fabrics I saw in a magazine. Personally I love drapes and embellishments so it will definitely be seen in my designs. And yes, that 'coming soon' statement is really a part of my moodboard. I'm referring to myself. Hahahaha. When I showed this to my instructor, it's actually the first thing she noticed. I can probably use it to name my whole collection, why not.

I'll show you more of our homeworks.

flats
Flats: Skirts, Necklines, Sleeves, Collars
Scan4
And of course, my first attempt in watercolor rendering!

Another good opportunity came along my way as well! I was asked by a Mai Flores, the person behind The Budget Biyahera, to be a sponsor for The 1st Grand Eyeball of Filipino Bloggers Worldwide event.

FINAL POSTER
Jana Kathryn's on the poster, have you seen it? :)

Here were the items that I gave to Mai as part of the giveaways for that event.

set1
I revamped and recreated one of my old designs.
set1b

set2

set3

I mentioned earlier that I will also share a little something about my work. Well, here's what happened: I left. I was supposed to be lifted off from my volunteer status and be permanently hired by September. But that didn't happen due to some internal problem. I am fine with it actually, since I already had plans on leaving work by mid-December. It was just sort of unfair for my part because they should have told me earlier. I could have had another job. I kept on asking about it but my boss was on leave at that time. I know her staff weren't supposed to be the ones to tell me what I needed to know. In fairness to my boss though, she tried to fight for my employment slot. It's just that they really have to resort to budget cuts rather than cutting people off. Yes, I can still stay and work for them as a volunteer but I have decided to actually leave for good. I'd rather stay home, spend more time with my family and work on my business as I am about to leave soon anyway.

Speaking of leaving, I received my health examinations list from the embassy today. The email arrived on the day that I expected it and I already planned to have my medical examination by the end of this week. But I had that time of the month this morning so I had to move it for next week. Ho-hum.

And that's a wrap, guys! That's all for now, y'all. :D
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig