29 July 2012

Saturday Favorites 026

My review classes are over. Since I started in June, this is the second week at work that my head was really focused on understanding and learning how things are done and what needs to be accomplished in the workplace. I'm keeping up, I believe.

427344_490248431004587_532708650_n

Yesterday, I had dinner with two of my college friends. We had gazillions of stories to tell that night! I missed those two! (I'll post photos once I get hold of them.)

Today, I spent the day with Joanne. We went to Forever 21 opening at SM Mall of Asia. We had a plan of going there early but as expected, the early bird plan failed. Hahaha!

Then we went to CCP to watch Requieme with Teps.

1

2

We wanted to watch Bwakaw but unfortunately, tickets were sold out! :l The film that we watched was Teps' choice. I must say, though, it was a good film! The plot's actually simple but it's funny. What I loved about is its open-ended finale. It left our mind forming with our own interpretation of how the story ended and what the story's message really is. 

3

It's our first time to catch Cinemalaya. What I like about independent films is that their stories are varied and new and that there seemed to be no holds barred. The film is made based on how the story is actually told, not on the rules that bound them on what and what not to show. Compared to mainstream films, the plot of the film is not compromised. Independent films have more freedom to express a message in whatever manner. They are intelligently made with intelligent stories that back it up. The plot may be simple but it seems nearer to real life. It seems more real for the audience. It does not entail too much computer graphics or effects to catch your attention. People should start watching and appreciating films like these. If you want a fresh and new story to watch, independent films are and can be your best bet. 


4

Post-film:

5

6

7

8

9

Homage to the soon-to-be chopped off curls.

10a
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig