06 May 2012

Saturday Favorites 015

1. Hyundai Run for A Cause 2012 (April 29, 2012)

(photos taken through my phone)

1


2


3


4


5

So it's my first run experience. Also a first with my family. :) I thought I wasn't gonna finish that 5k run! I was sort of scared for my pretending-to-be sporty self. Hahaha!


6


7


8

Then lo and behold, I finished the run in 41 minutes and 52 seconds!!! :) Amaze-balls (at least for me who is a newbie. :D

And this was how we looked post-run:


9


10


11

Took more photos on our way home


12


13


14


15

Manila's beautiful on an early Sunday morning. No traffic, less honking sounds and weather's bright! :)


16


2. NYC License! :)

On the 30th of April, I got home from work was greeted by my brother's kwento of the epic LAC-MEM first game that he failed to mention that a mail came for me. 30 minutes or so later, I saw a few envelopes on the center table in the living room and I was shocked to see that one of which came from New York! I just screamed. I know it was my license pero kinapa ko pa for a sec kung may matigas na card. I screamed more when I opened it and saw this:

page

Whaddup! I finally have a license in the US! :) I was also notified that I can also have a license card made if I want to. :)


3. Extra holiday! :)

banner_labor_day

(But in the busy streets of Manila, this was how Labor Day looked like.)

20120501-NPPA-VFD-00105102-JPG_022029

4. Jana Kathryn Dexterity's 7th collection release!

cover photo2


Order here. :)

5. New desk! :)

desk

One Tuesday morning, Mom randomly asked me if I want to buy a new desk already. I said, "No. Wala pa akong pambili." But she seemed to be in a rush to buy me a desk (Sobrang makalat na yata sa paningin niya yung computer table and shelf ko dati. Hahaha!) that it was fine with her if I have to pay her on... December? Haha! Finally crossed something in my 2012 list!

6. Accomplished tasks at work

papers01

There was more than the regular or average approved patient requests in a week. No, I'm not complaining. It's a good thing! :) More approved patient requests, more happy patients! :)

7. Booked tickets for The Avengers! :)

8. Finally! After one month of 'poverty', we finally got our month's worth of salary!

9. Sophie's with Jaja! (and shopping for her pre-nup outfits and bridal shoes)

We went to Sophie's to order cupcake giveaways for her wedding. Though we haven't tried it, we know Sophie's Mom is a place to be for a sweet tooth like us. It's already starting to become a hit to many local celebrities and to company events as well. 

xIMG_6149-300x200

xIMG_6168-300x200

xIMG_6146-200x300xIMG_6109-200x300xIMG_6104-200x300

xIMG_6093-200x300xIMG_6063-200x300xIMG_6057-200x300

The moment we stepped in to their store, our gastric juices went crazy! Of course, we didn't miss the sweet, dainty and vintage-feel of their store. Since we haven't tried any of their products yet, we bought the Flourless Chocolate Cupcake, Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese frosting, Dulce de Leche Cupcake, Oreo Cheesecake Cookies (best cookie I have ever tasted!) and Cookie Dough and Cookies and Creme Mochi (THERE'S MORE TO TRY!!! I'll come back and attack! Hahaha!) before leaving the place. I swear, they are just to-die for!!!!!! At first look, we thought the cupcakes' frosting seemed disproportional to the size of the cupcake itself. But no! It was just the right amount. It was not too sweet but very rich in flavor also. With every bite, the flavor was just bursting here and there inside your mouth! Their unique flavors will surely keep you coming. The cupcake was also moist and soft which is another plus. Their cookies are big and chewy and that Oreo Cheesecake flavor is a smart idea! And oh, did I mention they were also priced very cheap and homemade? No other cupcake and cookie gets better than that! :) 

Thank God, I ordered a Red Velvet Cake for my Mom on Mother's Day! She will go crazy! She alreadr fell in love with the Red Velvet cupcakes that I brought home, how much more with the cake, right?. :)

227452_162784957119512_129608517103823_400598_1317037_n
Dulce de Leche Cupcake

205717_153707981360543_129608517103823_344183_1740948_n
Their uber famous and one of the best-seller cupcakes, the Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese frosting! Yummmm!

Alam mo yung feeling na ngayon ka lang nakatikim ng cupcake at ang dami mong verbal reactions habang kumakain? Ganun na ganun kami ni Jaja while eatingHahahaha! 

Photos are from Sophie's Mom's website and Facebook page. 

Visit Sophie's Mom's website and Facebook page for more yummy treats!
Or you can go to their store in 8760 Residences, Santol St. Corner Aranga St., San Antonio Village, Makati.

Oh, we saw Danica Magpantay and Vicky Herrera in Greenbelt. Vicky's stunning and I didn't expect Danica to be that thin in person! Wala lang. Hehe.

And that's a wrap!
How about you? How was your week?
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig