07 March 2012

To Anonymous

On a regular basis, my blog does not get flooded with comments. If ever someone does leave a comment, they are either from my closest friends or my uncle and rarely from a stranger. Generally, I only get passersby. So when this comment was placed on one of my entries from way back 2007, I was taken aback.


Initially, I thought this anonymous person was mad at me (And I'd like to think he/she really is not but correct me if ever I'm wrong, Anonymous). I had to reread that entry he/she was pertaining to. I had to reread his/her comment, like 5 times or more, as well. I decided to post my reply to her through this and here it is:

Hi Anonymous! First of all, if you haven't noticed, the entry was written almost 5 years ago. And 5 years ago, I was a stupid, tactless and immature 19 year-old. Though, of course, it's not a valid reason or excuse for saying what I said. Obviously, I wasn't careful when I was writing that one.  
To be clear, I don't underestimate waiters, food attendants and all, although for you that might have been the tone of my entry but really, I don't. Who am I to do so anyway? I have nothing against waiters, food attendants. The entry wasn't for demeaning or looking down upon the people (from PHB Eastwood though, not Gateway) that I was talking about. It probably had something to do with how I wrote it, the words I used or the way I had presented/talked about it, which you have found offensive and mean and made you think I was belittling them. It wasn't my intention and I'm sorry if it meant in a wrong way. Casualan na kwento lang and you don't know me personally kaya baka sarcastic ang dating sayo. But really, I didn't mean anything bad and to sound/appear rude with that entry. Basically, it was just a good and fun post-birthday night with friends kind of story and the part regarding the waiter/food attendant was misinterpreted perhaps. I've read it again and it made me shriek out of embarrassment. I wrote it in a crappy, giddy way, well, because the story's actual purpose was for reminiscingI was so ecstatic that I wasn't very cautious with what I said and how I said it when I was telling the story. I see why you reacted that way and I understand. My blog wasn't open and intended for public viewing at that time (since 2005-2009) so all my entries were just casually written and really personal. My blog wasn't even listed for blog search then. The entries were solely for me and a few friends. I didn't actually think that anyone would stumble upon my old entries but of course, I should have known better.
Anyway, I did appreciate all the things you said. Thank you. :) I just hope you'll be able to see my response for you. Once you do, I hope you'll check out my recent entries. They're more sensible. I think. Haha!
And oh, even if it was a random comment, I meant it. I really did find the waiter/food attendant cute. :) In spite of the other prone-to-misinterpretation things that I had said, it was a compliment.

With that, I have decided to revert my posts circa 2005-2008 to drafts (It was my 'dear virtual diary' era). Better to be safe than sorry. I would rather not delete my older entries though because those were my memories, my little reminders of who and how I was. No matter how senseless (or not) they were. (Or I might go through them later, when I have more time, to see which among them can be posted publicly again and which will stay in drafts.) I'll just keep them away from misinterpretation of people that might be taken or used against me later on. Think before the click. It's the world wide web after all. :)
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig