13 February 2012

Monday Goodies 003: The good old days

(UPDATED on 29 Feb 2012: Added more photos!)

Seeing these recent photos we had on Ria's 23rd birthday bash made me look back... 








(Photo credits to Sam and Karen)

Back to the day when we were too childish, when all we talk about were the latest toys and boast our own beautiful stroller bags and pencil cases, when we weren't bothered by hormones and lessons regarding the reproductive system were too awkward. These people and I had known each other since we were pigtails and hide-and-seek fanatics. And we've been friends ever since.

(Following photos were the ones I have as of the moment. The rest of the 'prettier' photos are still in our house in Cavite. So forgive me friends, these are all I have right now.)

(L-R) Lyka, Ria, Aira, Kristel, Athens, Karen. (This is a scanned photo)
(Except for Ria and me, the rest of the girls went to the same high school.  With the recent mini-reunion, I found out that Athens transferred by sophomore year. My communication with Lyka, Kristel and Athens eventually faded somewhere along the way. :l Aira became Karen's BFF and Kristel became one of Karen's high school barkada.)

It's funny how we really saw each other grow. We shared to each other our first period ever. We noticed the boys' transition to having husky voice and growth spurt. We experienced teasing when boys noticed we started to wear bras. We brought our own cassette players, hangout by the corridors and listen incessantly to A1 (Oh God, forbid. Up to this date, I am still embarrassed by the fact that I WAS a die-hard fan!), N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls. We transitioned from careless kids to more refined ladies and gents. Looking back at our embarrassing self moments, we just couldn't stop laughing out of gross and surprise. If you want to dig dirty inside info if one of us gets to be a celebrity later on, contact any of the people mentioned. :)


We may have separated schools, migrated to other parts in the world by high school and college, we still have that connection. The type that's never too active as it used to but never really ceased over the years. We may not see or talk to each other everyday but once we do, it's like we were back to childhood again. Only with more catching-up stories, better topics and more mature and better version of ourselves. :)

Jonie is now based in London soooo she was not present at the party.

We'll see each other again soon. When Jonie arrives from London. YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! It'll be a bigger and louder reunion!!! :)


I guess that's how real, genuine friends are. As cliche as it sounds, no matter how long you have been apart and how long you have not talked, once you keep on considering each other as friends and still cherish what you have, nothing will ever change. In these days, friends are more hard to find and friendships are harder to build so once you find one that really is for keeps, hold on to it. Only tried and tested ones survive and lasts and I know that's what we guys have and what we have for each other. So I'm glad and beyond lucky to have found these people. 15 years of friendship and counting! :)

Before I end this post, let me share how I made fun of myself through the photos taken stolen by Sam on the funniest aspect of that night.


Compared to my friends, I think I had the widest variety of facial expressions! Hahaha!


Toodles, everyone! :)
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig