24 March 2015

Organization 101 Part 1

Being an organized-slash-neat freak-slash-OC woman that I am, my things have to be categorized accordingly and/or be arranged properly. Since my friend and I moved to our own flat, I have been anal with my storage and/or organization item purchases and plans. Well, there is something about having your own place that makes you want to go through all the trouble of organizing to a tee. So far, here are some of inexpensive and creative organizing ideas that I can share with you.

Space savers

Very basic and unoriginal, I know. Haha! I bought a set of plastic trays (similar to that photo below) for $3 at The Reject Shop. I used it as my bra organizer. Unfortunately, this is the last remaining stock. I am still waiting for them to restock -- if ever they will be restocking it.

ebay


However, I found a bigger plastic box that comes with a detachable dividers (similar to the photo below) in a different store worth $4.50. I bought two for my undies and socks. 

Lifespace Australia

(I used these photos instead because I don't think anyone would be interested in taking a peek of my undergarments drawer. Besides, it's too personal to share. Lol. :p)

Stack 'em!


Those paper towel holders can still be useful after the you've used all the paper towels. You can use the cling wrap or aluminum foil or baking paper holders as long as they are thick and sturdy to stack your bangles and bracelets. Also, place the heavier or chunkier bangles at the bottom for a stronger foundation.


Who said this $4 tissue holder (from The Reject Shop) can only be used solely for tissues? You can use it for stacking more bangles, too!


Apart from lollies, this candy jar can also display your colorful nail polishes! This was actually a little too pricey though -- $20 from a homeware shop -- but it was what I was looking for. I initially wanted a cookie jar but I figured it would be a little difficult to get the nail polishes that I need, especially if they are placed at the bottom of the jar.

Hang those dangles


Okay, this cocktail glass actually has a story. Last year, when my friends and I watched Wicked, cocktails can be bought while waiting for the show to start. This cocktail glass is more of a party favor because it has a button underneath to make it light up. It looks really cute but I bought the Wicked spectacles as a souvenir instead. As soon as we got up to leave after the show, someone left this behind. My friends were teasing me to pick it up and keep it. So I did, yes! I cleaned it up when I got home -- but I didn't use it to drink, take note. Haha! So now, I am using it to hang my hook earrings and to place my other earrings inside it. You can also use a quirky cup or glass, if you want.

Now, this is the toughest thing. I do have a fairly moderate size of closet space in our new flat, which would be just enough if only I have fairly moderate amount of clothing items. But I don't. Lol. So I have to be wise with maximizing the space!

To fit more items in the drawer...

It was my friend who actually taught me this technique. Instead of just folding them the usual way and stacking them up, fold again the clothes in half and arrange them as I did in the photo below so you can maximize the space and, at the same time, find what item you are looking for more conveniently. 

Sleepwear x Lounge clothes drawer

To fit more shoes in the rack...

I used the bottom left of my closet to place the shoe rack, which I bought from The Reject Shop (My obsession for this store isn't too obvious, hey!) for $12-$15, if I remember correctly. I wanted to buy those clear shoeboxes but I'll save that idea when a bigger closet can already accommodate all of my stuff. Haha! 

I was able to fit 38 pairs in here! Whaddup!

For the meantime, I arranged my shoes by placing them alternatively. I hang the ones with slimmer heels. Pairs with chunky heels or wedges were kept inside their boxes. And no, this is not yet done. I still have my pairs of boots on the bottom right of my closet that are still not arranged in a way that I want to so I'll save that one for the next entry.

I still have more ideas to share but this will do for now. I will write a part 2 of this entry. Anyway, hopefully, these ideas are, at the very least, a bit helpful to you, guys! :)
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig