27 November 2011

Sugar Rush at Oceana! :)


Last Thursday, my officemates and I headed to Oceana in SM Mall of Asia after work. Finally, we were able to satisfy our sweet tooth cravings! Alleluia! Hahaha! They have an unlimited cake and coffee promo for only 150.00 Php (but we paid 165.00 Php though, with service fee). They had 6 different cakes that day -- Choco Caramel Cake, Double Chocolate Cake, Devil's Cake, Dulce de Leche, Carrot Cake and Honey Mango Cake. They would serve us every slice of each cake first and after that, it would be our choice what cake/s would be served next. Lamon-till-bondat ang peg namin!


But after four slices and two coffee cups, we gave up. Haha! The slices they gave us are thin but they are weirdly heavy on the stomach! Out of the four slices we ate, the must-try cakes are Choco Caramel Cake, Double Chocolate Cake and Devil's Cake. (This will probably be a lame talk about their cakes since I wasn't able to take snaps of the cake itself. I was very hungry already. But believe me, their cakes are really yummy and not to mention, affordable! Anyway, I'll take snaps the next time I go there again and I'll definitely take my food-loving family with me.) The chocolate and caramel icing are very flavorful and sweet (just the way I like it!). But if you can't take anything too sweet, their black coffee will serve its purpose to balance out the sweetness of the cake. The chiffon cake (I'm not sure if it was really called chiffon though; I just guessed. Haha!) itself was moist and with the right level of softness so it's very easy and pleasant-to-the-tongue to eat.

Apart from the dessert, the ambiance and the white and turquoise motif of the restaurant is very relaxing and quiet. They really live up to the name of the place. As much as possible, I don't like crowded restaurants (unless I'm craving for whatever that crowded store offers). I don't like hearing other people's conversations who are seated nearby. I don't like people moving around when I'm eating. I don't like to wait too long (emphasis on the word too long) for my food to be served. Hence, Oceana is a good place for me to eat. It's also a good place to talk/bond with a friend/s while eating. Oceana is open from 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM. We arrived there 10 minutes before they open so we were the first customers. Talk about excitement. In the span of two hours or so that we stayed there, it was never jam-packed (which is probably not a good point for others for it might mean two things: expensive or not good), but it's better that way for me. For their regular meals, yes, they are quite expensive since they serve seafood and steak. As for the taste, I haven't tasted it but I bet it's as good as their desserts. Given that their regular meals are quite pricey, I don't know if by dinner time they are filled with customers though. 

Then, we strolled around to look for something salty to eat. We happen to stumble upon bridal stores. We looked around and grabbed wedding pamphlets since one of my officemates is getting married next year! :) We ate those potato crisps, not the junk food one, while sitting and enjoying the Christmas decorations and lights of the mall. 


SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig