25 April 2010

Never too late. :)

A month and 3 days ago, my bestfriend made an effort to go with me to witness her exhibit. Unfortunately, it was closed that day.

Five days later, my aunt and I went back but the museum was about to close.

This afternoon, my aunt and I went back and fortunately, we were able to witness the preserved creations of the very famous Salvacion Lim Higgins’ exhibit aka SLIM.


I only got a hold of this. No picture taking allowed.

I first saw and learned of Salvacion Lim Higgins on tv when she was featured in a show (which I forgot the name) on ANC. I was super amazed because her collection was just fabulous. It was simple yet with a certain bang; it was well-made and very intricate; it was classy and glamorous. Her clothes speak a defined form expression, represent a culture and complement a woman’s body perfectly.

Upon entering the room, I got super excited and astonished. If that wasn’t a museum, I could have jumped out of excitement! I wanted to try on the clothes and learn how to do them at the same time! She was just amazing. She had a unique sense of vision that speaks clearly through her clothes. Her perfectionism was evident with her works since she was the one who made them, even the details. Her clothes never ran out of style, eternal. I wish I could be great like her…
SHARE:
© glittered trail. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig